How to Set Up a VPN on Android Smartphones
In this guide, you'll learn how to set up a VPN on Android. VPN or virtual private network allows you to access content that is blocked in your region. The process of setting up the VPN is very simple and we will tell you how to do it. Start.
What is a VPN and why should you use it?
A virtual private network or VPN is the system that allows your device to redirect internet traffic through the server or computer located anywhere in the world, allowing you to access content blocked in your region. The main reason it is used is for security reasons, people use it mainly when using public Wifi. When using the VPN, it's hard for intruders or ISPs to track your online activity. There are many VPN protocols supported by Android, some of them are PPTP, L2TP, and IPsec. Now that you know what VPN is and why you should use one, now let's move on to the VPN setup process.
How to set up a VPN from Android settings
- Swipe in from the top of the screen and tap the gear icon in the upper right corner.
- In the settings, find the Connections section > More connection settings and tap More.
- Select VPN and tap Add VPN Network. In some mobiles, this would be a "+" sign.
- Now select the desired protocol and enter all the information provided by the network administrator.
- Saves it.
- You can now go back to the VPN settings and select your VPN. You will be asked to enter a password and username.
- You can now start using the VPN on your smartphone.
How to set up a VPN using an Android app
The easiest way to set up a VPN on Android is to use a VPN app. There are many options, but we highly recommend ExpressVPN.
Whichever app you choose, setting up is as simple as:
- Download and install the app from Google play
- Open the app and follow the instructions.
And that's literally it.
This way, you can easily set up a VPN on Android. Now, if you don't want to do that, you can use the VPN apps. There are many VPN apps available on the Google Play Store. You can download some famous VPN apps like ExpressVPN. If you have any questions, please let us know in the comments section below.