How To Switch To Official WhatsApp From Other Mods Without Losing Chats
Months back, official WhatsApp, which is owned by Facebook, announced banning third-party WhatsApp users. As a result, it is now mandatory for third-party whats app users to switch to the official Whatsapp App to prevent being banned.
When switching to the official WhatsApp app, essential data such as chats history, groups, pictures, etc. In this post, I will show you how you can prevent how to prevent loss of data while switching to an official WhatsApp app.
The name of the unsupported app you're using determines whether you need to transfer your chat history. So first, locate the app's name by tapping More Options > Settings > Help > App info. Then, follow the steps below based on the name of the app: WhatsApp Plus or GB WhatsApp.
How to Switch From GWhatsApp to Original Whatsapp AppI recommend the steps below to switch from GBWhatsapp to the original Whatsapp account. ↓↓
- If you are banned, temporarily wait for your temporary ban to end. The timer will show you the length of the ban.
- In GB WhatsApp, tap More options > Chats > Back up chats.
- Now go to Phone Settings > tap Storage > Files.
- Find the folder GB WhatsApp and tap and hold to select it.
- In the upper right corner, tap More > Rename and rename the folder to "WhatsApp."
- Navigate to the Play Store and download the official WhatsApp app. If you can't access the Play Store, download the app here.
- In WhatsApp, verify your phone number. Learn how to verify.
- WhatsApp should load with your existing chats.
How to Switch From WhatsApp Plus to Original Whatsapp App
If your chat history was previously saved, it should automatically transfer to the official WhatsApp app. Learn how to keep your chat history. Contact WhatsApp Help Center.